Tuesday, March 3, 2015

A Parent’s Thankful Perspective


Dear Shepherd of the Valley,

Today I am thankful for YOU. Thank you for providing support through your ADHD, Autism and Other Disabilities on the Spectrum support group.

Thank you for empowering me to be a better parent, not only to my child with autism, but to my neuro-typical child. I learn things every month that help BOTH of them. These sessions also help ME (I'm certain that I have undiagnosed ADHD)!

What I love about the ADHD/Autism Support group:

  • It's an ongoing event, so I don't have to seek out special speakers/events on my own.
  • There is free childcare, so it doesn't matter what my husband is up to that night.
  • It's every single month, so I'm constantly learning more about my child(ren).
  • It's nearby (we're in Eagan).
  • It's a low key set up with low key coordinators (I never feel smothered by too much 'welcoming' or 'getting to know you' hype)
  • It's very automated (e-mail reminder, childcare signup online, speaker list online with thorough descriptions, etc.).
  • It is truly a service provided by the church, with nothing expected in return.
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

-Crista Jeske, mom of Emma and Carter

Our ADHD Support Group next meets on Monday, March 16 from 6:45 - 9:00 pm. This is group is free and open to anyone. Learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment