Monday, March 9, 2015

Take a Walk, God Will Lead the Way

by Laurie Rossin
Capital Campaign Steering Committee Member 


When Tom and I were invited to join the Capital Campaign Steering Committee, I was skeptical. Ask people for money? I'm sure you dread solicitation phone calls as much as I do. In fact, I bet you don't answer your phone unless you recognize the name on your caller ID. So why would I want to put myself and my friends at SOTV through that?

After hearing about the needs here at home and SOTV's dreams for living our vision (Welcome, Transformation, and Sending of Jesus Christ), I realized that even though I worship regularly, attend Bible Study and social events, there is a lot I don't know about our church and many people that I don't know! I said yes to being involved in the Capital Campaign because I see my role as God's feet. My role is to carry the information about the needs and the exciting plans for the future of SOTV to you. This I can do!

Whether we meet here at church over a cup of coffee or at your home, our campaign visits are really about people. We talk about our families, jobs, hobbies or travels and share our stories of how we came to be members at SOTV. We explain the details of the campaign, our excitement for the future of our church and answer your questions. The last step is for you to prayerfully consider your pledge and complete your confidential pledge card. God uses my feet to carry the message, and it is God who places in your heart the desire to give.

I learned in Pastor Mary's study of the book of Joshua that when God was with the Israelites, they succeeded. When they relied on their own plans and their own might, they failed miserably. Thankfully God is leading us in this Campaign to further his kingdom. We are just the feet! So when you receive a call from one of our campaign volunteers, please pick up the phone. You will be greeted by a friendly fellow member who just wants to take a short walk with you and share the amazing plans God has for us here at SOTV.

Please see the list of Campaign Visitors on our website or complete a yellow card available in the narthex.

No comments:

Post a Comment